The aim of crowdpolicy open innovation events is to promote, network and award ideas, proposals and
applications that help solve problems and mobilize the creative human capital of the country.
Open innovation event hereafter referred to as "hackathon", is governed by the present terms. Please read
these terms carefully before submitting your registration.
Your participation in any role implies the unconditional acceptance of these terms, and their acceptance is a
prerequisite for participating in the hackathon. If you disagree with any part, or all, of these terms, you
are requested not to participate.
Participation in the hackathon / Participants
The categories of participants and their roles are presented below:
Organizer (Organizing Committee - Organizing Team)
- The organizing committee consists of executives from the organizers and other organizations that sponsor
or support the event.
- The organizing committee is responsible for the smooth running of the hackathon.
- It coordinates the actions concerning awareness and participation of all parties involved.
- It forms the rest of the committees and announces the call for participants.
Competing teams or project team
- The teams consist of one (1) to six (6) people. It would be helpful for the members to have combined
knowledge of interface design, design and development of web applications and applications for mobile
devices as well as knowledge on the hackathon theme (eg analysis of business applications and systems,
finance, marketing etc.).
- The established teams should register before the start of the hackathon.
- The teams participate by implementing applications, functional prototypes, designs etc. that are relevant
to the hackathon goals and themes in the form of MVP (minimal viable product).
- The teams must be present at the venue where the hackathon will be held.
Observers - Visitors
- It concerns anyone who wishes to watch the hackathon.
- They participate ONLY at the beginning of the hackathon when introductory presentations take place and at
the end of the hackathon (award ceremony and party). They can also participate in side events, if there are
- They do not participate in the competition process.
- They can apply to participate as team mentors.
- It consists of individuals with professional or/and academic experience in a field related to the
- They are chosen by the organizers.
- The mentors of the competing teams cannot be members of the evaluation committee.
- If necessary, they specify the evaluation criteria listed below.
- They evaluate each implementation using a dedicated electronic form (application - information system).
- They do not participate in the competition process.
- They are individuals with professional or/and academic experience in a field related to the hackathon.
- They guide and advise the participants.
- They do not participate in the competition process.
- They must be present at the venue of the hackathon, otherwise the organizers reserve the right to cancel
- They are legal persons of the public or private sector that can support the principles and goals of the
hackathon. Their size and activity are related to the implementation of actions, interventions, initiatives
and projects addressed to a large part of society, economic, social and business life.
- They propose mentors or committee members if they are asked to do so by the organizing committee.
The display or selection of the display of supporters on the website and press releases or any kind of
information material disseminated and reproduced by electronic means is the choice of the organizing
Terms and Conditions of Participation
- Only natural persons who are at least 18 years of age (on the start date of the competition), irrespective
of their nationality or place of residence, are allowed to participate in the hackathon. Natural persons
under 18 years of age are allowed to participate provided that they have the written consent of a
parent/legal guardian (e.g. in the case of students).
- The participants are not required to hold a public or private institution degree or be students of public
or private faculties associated with the theme of the hackathon. Natural persons of the ages mentioned above
irrespective of whether they have practiced or practice a profession related to the theme of a hackathon are
allowed to participate.
- The participants should read these terms carefully before registering and submitting their proposal.
- Participation in the hackathon implies the unconditional acceptance of all the terms by the participants.
- Registering and information about the hackathon will be available exclusively at crowdpolicy.com or
- The submission of proposals before and during the hackathon process is conducted exclusively in Greek and
English, with the exception of using international terms when they are required.
- The participants have the sole and exclusive responsibility of safeguarding or otherwise protecting their
submitted proposals and the rights deriving therefrom. The entire code, the mockups, designs and everything
else produced during the hackathon will be available on a publicly accessible website or / and code
repository under the license (CC BY-SA 4.0) http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/deed.el
- Those interested can participate in the Competition either individually or in teams of up to six (6)
members. At registration, the Head of the team should be declared, who will be the contact person, as well
as the other members of the team. In order to declare the personal data of the team members, the Head of the
team guarantees that he/she has obtained a written authorization by each of them for the purpose of the
competition, which he/she shall make available to the organizers whenever it is requested.
- The organizers can, at any stage of the hackathon, request any supporting documents they deem necessary in
order to cross-check or certify the information (ID, passport, etc.) of the participants according to the
- In the event of submission of false information, the Organizers are not held liable and they have the
right to cancel the participation at any stage of the competition.
- Any document or other material - part of the proposal that will be submitted for the purpose of the
competition will not be returned.
- Any preparation costs will be undertaken solely by the Participants.
- The participants must bring their own equipment such as a laptop, multipurpose plugs etc. in order to
develop their application. No equipment for the development of applications is provided during the
Exclusion of participants from the competition
Individuals that fall into one of the following categories will be able to take part only in the
presentations and side events and not in the competing part of the hackathon, ie their teams will not be
eligible for the awards of the event:
- Legal entities of any kind based in Cyprus or abroad.
- Employees or partners of the organizers.
- First and second degree relatives and spouses of the employees or partners of the organizer.
- Individuals that lack legal capacity.
- Participation with an implementation related to a scientific research, study or project submitted by the
participant himself or a third person in the course of a university program of the submitter himself or a
third person (of a private or public university faculty or a Technological Institute in Cyprus or abroad or
any other public or private educational Organization, Institution or Institute) is not allowed.
- Participation with an implementation or content that violates the current legislation and the rights of
third parties (including, but not limited to, the provisions on intellectual property, violation of
personality rights, research with vulgar, offensive, defamatory and generally illegal content, research that
violates personal data, research that violates any kind of privacy etc.) is not allowed.
- Participation of any participant who violates in any way any of these terms or contradicts any provision
of the Greek law is not allowed.
You will be required to complete the table below. The organizer may change or modify this table during the
hackathon. This form may be completed before or after the hackathon.
|Description of the application
|Hackathon – Coverage of specifications
||What are the sets or parts of the proposed specifications covered by the implementation?
||Which data (datasets) are needed to implement the proposal? - Which data will ultimately be used?
|| Which APIs are needed to implement the proposal? - Which APIs will ultimately be used?
||Datasets / apis links
||What are the prerequisites in order to productively use or extend the use of the application of the
What technology is the implementation of the prototype based on? Which opensource software packages does
Process and evaluation criteria
The evaluation committee evaluates and awards applications and implementations based on specific evaluation
criteria, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Compatibility with the hackathon goals. Completeness and percentage of coverage of the proposed
- Creation of value for the value chain it is intended for.
- Complementarity with applications of other participants.
- Interconnectivity with social media platforms as well as open Public / Private APIs.
- Innovation of the implementation approach.
- Technological integrity, including, but not limited to:
- Degree of data visualization produced or utilized through automatic mechanisms.
- Interdisciplinary features on which the proposed implementation has been based on.
- Feasibility of the implementation of the prototype so that it can be productively applied to the hackathon
scope or be easily utilized by third parties.
- Possibility for commercial exploitation, in the case of a commercial application and not for charitable
- The impact, in the case of an application related to charitable actions and initiatives.
The results and documentation are announced electronically or not. Participants do not have the right to
object to the selection of the evaluation committee and the final specification of the criteria at any time.
APIs, open source services and software
Participants are encouraged to use third-party services, APIs and applications, libraries and open source
platforms. In addition, sponsors, supporters and interested parties may offer technology platforms or APIs for
the electronic services they already provide.
Ownership of the applications
All teams or individuals shall retain the ownership of what they are to create during the hackathon.
Furthermore, they are sole responsible for NOT violating any kind of third party intellectual property rights
(modification, use, reproduction, etc.).
All the applications and individual components such as code, mockups and designs to be produced during the
hackathon will be available on a publicly accessible website or / and code repository (Github or equivalent)
under the license (CC BY-SA 4.0) http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/deed.el
Personal Data and Copyright
The management and protection of the personal data of participants of the hackathon by the organizers are
subject to these terms and the relevant provisions of the existing regulatory and legislative framework for
the protection of individuals from the processing of personal data and confidentiality of communications.
Participation in the hackathon implies the explicit and unconditional consent of the participants for the
registration of their personal data, the summary / descriptive paragraph - material to be published as well as
a brief Curriculum Vitae of the finalists in a file which will be kept in accordance with Greek Law 138 (I) /
All participants declare that they agree to be recorded and / or photographed and / or filmed and / or
incorporated into an organization material themselves and their proposals in any way by the organizer during
all stages of the hackathon even after its completion and grant the organizer the right, free of any payment
for copyright or other rights, to use, process, transmit, broadcast it through the website or any other
website owned by the Organizers and / or any other means including mass-media networking and third-party
All of the content such as code, mockups, notes produced by the participants during the hackathon will be
available under the license (CC BY-SA 4.0, http: //creativecommons.org/licenses/by -sa / 4.0 / deed.el) unless
the organizers decide otherwise.
Participants waive any right to remuneration and / or exchange for any of the aforementioned uses.
The Head of the Team declares and guarantees that he/she has received written authorization from each of the
team members to provide the organizers with their explicit consent regarding the registration, processing and
publication of their data for the purpose of the hackathon as determined above, which he will make available
to the Organizers whenever it is requested. Participants waive any right to remuneration and / or exchange for
any of the aforementioned uses.
The organizers declare that they cannot check the entries in the competition for compliance with the
provisions on intellectual property and, therefore, relies solely on the participants' statement of compliance
with the provisions on the protection of intellectual property.
In the event of violation of any of the terms of the competition and the current legislation, and in the
event of violation of third-party rights whenever this is known, the organizers may either exclude the
participant from the next stages of the competition (if it is discovered before the award οf the prize) or to
withdraw the decision to nominate the particular participant as a winner and to request that they return the
prize as well as restore any damage caused due to the violation of these terms either to a third person or to
the organizers themselves.
During the event, alcohol will not be served or consumed. The organizers will be responsible for creating a
Code of conduct during a hackathon
Recommendations to participants:
- Be respectful: Be kind to others. Do not insult or put down other participants. Behave professionally.
Remember that harassment and racist, sexist or exclusionary jokes are not appropriate for this event.
- Be open: We welcome participants of different levels of education, as well as of different technological
and social background. This event is about increasing the overall amount of innovation, partnership, and
engagement in the developer community.
- Be pleasant and have fun: Hack, meet new people, get creative, and have a good time. Getting something
meaningful done within such a short amount of time can be stressful, but we would like to encourage everyone
to take a break every now and then in order to relax and enjoy the event.
- Attendees violating these rules may be asked to leave the Hackathon at the sole discretion of the
Hackathon organizers. Thank you for helping make this a welcoming, friendly event for all. Source: www.hackathess.eu/hackathlon/όροι-συμμετοχής
- Participation in the Hackathon implies the unconditional acceptance of the present Terms.
- The organizers will not be responsible for any technical reason making it temporarily impossible to
receive and register a participation or submit a participation in the system.
- The organizers reserve the right to unilaterally and unjustifiably modify the terms of the competition if
necessary without any prior notice to the participants
- Any difference or dispute that arises from the present Terms or is related to them shall be resolved by
the competent courts of Athens
Overall crowdpolicy.com terms and conditions governing additional topics can be found at http://crowdpolicy.com/